Additional information about MLM
USANA Health Sciences, Inc. is a Multilevel Marketing (MLM) company located in Salt Lake City, Utah that sells nutritional supplements and skin care products. Many people consider this type of business "Direct Selling". I strongly disagree because MLM's primary focus is marketing the business opportunity while direct selling's primary focus is marketing the product.
Unfolding the product based pyramid scheme. This website will use USANA as an example to help readers understand the dangers of MLM. As research expands I will include examples of other MLM companies. Some of the topics on this page will include:
- USANA's pitfalls and how the odds of succeeding as a business associate are highly unlikely.
- USANA's disclosures and why I consider them dishonest and deceptive.
- USANA's Policies and Procedures.
- Distributor health claims and how USANA gets away with making such health claims orally and not in writing.
- Several USANA executives exagerate their credentials and USANA rewards those who make those exagerations.
- Lyle Macwilliam's Comparative Guide and how it is bias toward USANA.
- Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff's appearance at USANA's annual convention.
- USANA products on Ebay
- Actual Earnings of USANA distributors
- More to follow as I write additonal articles